chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Warm and well fed
I love this time of year for eating. The vegetable are finally coming in, the cherries have arrived (with a still-to-come season each for raspberries, apricots, peaches, blueberries, raspberries again and strawberries throughout--although the little wild ones are only available in early July, and only from the one guy at the farmer's market). The good wild salmon has finally come down in price. Which means I am cooking again. The combination of not having six different things all pulling my attention and not having to work as much has left me time to get acquainted with that new stove. So I give you (for el Jefe and Justin):

Copper river salmon grilled over whole sprigs of thyme (no need to plank or sauce with fish this good), garlic and mushroom risotto and fresh peas.



And birthday cake (chocolate with cherry filling, merengue icing):



It was really good.
And if you come to visit me, I will feed you like this, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm there.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home