chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My world is changing

As I illustrated recently, my little sweet pea is growing up. And is dating a girl. Which I find a little jarring somehow. Upon consideration, I can only think of my favorite fairy tale from girlhood at the end of which the prince and princess decide not to get married; he goes to sea, she goes to school, and the king goes home to think about how the world is changing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, she does know about your blog, yes? Just kind of remembering back to when I was a teenager, my privacy and the feeling that I had control of the information I released about myself were paramount.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that she can tell you (unless you were snooping on her blog?), and I hope she's happy. It's so fun/agonizing to start the whole dating-thing-- I hope she is happy and hey, all we care about is, does this girl treat her good?

3:30 PM  
Blogger csg said...

Yes, she knows. I waited until she had started mentioning/eluding on her own blog before I posted. And I needed some adult perspective to make sure I hadn't started to have teenager induced Stockholm syndrome

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. Dude. That can't make middle school any easier. She's going to have to be one tough cookie if she decides to go public with this. Tell her to call me if she wants to talk to an adult who's not her mom. I'm so proud of her for being brave.

You may not want to think about this part or talk to her about it, but it really brings up (for me) issues of sex as being much broader than penile-vaginal intercourse and that all of it brings issues of intimacy, responsibility, and risk (of all kinds). Everything counts and she should be careful with her feelings and how much she really wants to share at different times.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home