chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Saturday, August 18, 2007

How I spent my summer vacation, Part I:
(it sure wasn't sleeping...)


Here it is, my home away from home for the summer:

You'll note that this little stove is tipping. This is very exciting. When sailing, the boat tips and when one changes direction, the boat tips the other way. This makes cooking a bit challenging with a fixed stove, and scary when cooking in large, heavy, full-with-simmering-chili pots. But the new stove is gimballed, so it stays horizontal regardless of which way or how much the boat heals. Oh happy day! So, I cooked. Spaghetti, dumpling soup, fish and potatoes, pancakes and sausage, cobblers, brownies, and lots of hot coffee, tea, and chocolate.

The weather was suprisingly cool, although it gave us some lovely days, like this one at Sidney Spit in British Columbia:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home