chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Sunday, March 26, 2006

A short walk around my neighborhood

In the last two weeks, suddenly spring has arrived here in the northwest. I took this picture at the UW during the first week of March. It is a pleasant campus, yes?



While UNC has the Pit, UW has Red Square. There are fewer skateboards in the Pit, but fewer raging truck drivers in Red Square.


Two nights ago, while I walked the dog, the air was dense with the scent of hyacinths, mahonia and cherry, so I thought it might be good to double back to campus and see if the cherry blossoms were open yet. Today is the last day of spring break--students returning, parents and families everywhere. I have made this same visit every year since 1995. It's still pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home