chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Where's Alexander when we need him

When She was little we had a favorite book in which the protagonist has a wretched day and as he is telling his mother about it he gets to the end and says, "And there were lima beans for dinner and I hate limas." Well, I'd take limas at this point, although freely admitting that I hate them, too.

This week started with taking my dog to the emergency vet to discover that she has a fractured tooth and needs oral surgery. Tuesday I ordered the fabric for my sister's wedding, which I am paying for because I was less than clear when we first talked about what I was providing. I have cancelled the trip I was planning for the summer so I can send Her instead and got a call today from Her friend's mother who has bought tickets for a short excursion the girls planned and needs reimbursing. And now, when I was looking forward to dinner and a glass of wine to woo my frustrations, the oven has finally quit working.

I can't think of a less pleasant way to blow through six weeks' pay in six days, except maybe raw lima beans.

1 Comments:

Blogger csg said...

Ahhh...that hurts.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home