chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Slowing up

My first week in my new job is done and I have a second meeting with the guy I am "consulting" with to help him get his fashion ideas constructed, so I have a little time to reflect. My dad always says "slowing up" rather than "slowing down" and it has struck me as odd since I was little. Still, it seems to make sense, as slowing up makes me think of a temporary rest while slowing down sounds like the end. And this is just the first week.

Working will be fine. My initial concern that I wasn't nearly qualified and that my employers would soon figure this out has been allayed by a little training and their request to put my degree to work and make some suggestions to take the space into its next permutation. So far, so good.

In the mean time, I have been back in home repair mode, weeding out the vegetable bed and the patio and getting the clothesline put back up (although I must admit that the extent of my effort on that was complaining until Rtg relented and sunk some bolts for me). She comes home from her most recent trip tomorrow and we have big plans to watch movies (in French!) and bake cookies. Until then, I have more unpacking and a bathing suit to finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home