chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Moving on

A little more than a week later and I am back home again after a thousand mile goodwill tour to see my folks, my dear friends in Oregon, and her biological father and his family. Folks and friends were great, even if the circumstances were grim. Dropping her of with her b-f was fine, too; I long ago came to terms with how it is uncomfortable and puts me a little on edge. An opportunity to practice grace, but boy is it exhausting fighting back the petty, pissy part that wants to feel smug and superior.

Last night, after an invigorating dinner at Thai Tom (the Ave's finest), we set to bringing up the rest of the furniture from the basement. Conveniently, all that was left was too heavy for me to lift and belongs in my office on the second floor. I helped with the old Chinese trunk, but my worktable was way too big and a bit of challenge on the stairs. Rtg had to get my brother to come help as I was termed "too little" to be useful.

So now all the raw material is up in my office, which is a space I love (although it is currently painted pink, which, while not dreadful, I'll be happy to change). It faces the front of the house and is up higher than anything else in the neighborhood, so I can look out over the rooftops to other parts of town, the freeway, the university, and sometimes the mountains. On days like today with the clouds and wind running past, it feels a little like an eyrie.

Which distracts from the piles of boxes all over the rest of the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home