chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Monday, October 17, 2005

Procrastination
Oh, I'll admit it; I'm stalling. So far I have made three cups of tea, done two loads of laundry, one sinkful of dishes, made a batch of rice crispy treats, and restored the hard drive on our old desktop computer. And what am I so agressively avoiding? Well...belts.

So, due to a scheduling quirk, I am working extra at all of my 2.5 jobs for the next month. To accomodate this, I have been allowed to work at home (and not in the telecommuting sense, Monsieur Jefe). I have a stack of boned, tie-front cumberbunds in a screaming shade of yellow waiting to be assembled to complete the ensembles worn by the mice in our local holiday production. These are not difficult to construct; I have the tools and skills to complete the project. What am I waiting for?

The obvious answers: I'm still reveling in the lovely visit this weekend by a dear friend, Halloween costumes, pink wool just crying for transformation into a pair of trousers, yard work, the book. But none of these quite touch on the point. I think time wasting is just more satisfying when you know you have something that must be finished.

And since these are not needed until Wednesday at noon, I still have plenty of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger csg said...

I agree, so imagine my disappointment when I found out that they didn't really need them until Monday.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home