chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Interns rule!
On the phone today, trying to buy tickets to a show, I was stuck in an endless loop of time-killing advertisements for other events from this ticketing agency. As I sit on hold, I notice in the voice-over background entreating me to attend the Oregon State Fair, the unmistakeable opening riff to the Decemberists’ song “Los Angeles, I’m yours.” Interesting choice, but nice; I always assume it was the intern's job to find the background music, and I do enjoy hearing something clever. Until the voice-over intrudes again saying “This year featuring TED NUGENT!”
I wonder what they would have to say about each other…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The high school kids who work at the newer Maple View ice cream place were listening to the Decemberists when I was in there a few weeks ago. It was cute.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home