chaque jour

cook book, travelogue, project planner and adventure story

Name:
Location: Seattle, WA

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Glad that's over
Boy, you take a seven-day-a-week work schedule for a couple of weeks, throw in some sort of sore-throat-producing virus, some insomnia-producing-anti-throat medication and a pulled muscle in my thigh (ask me about THAT sometime...) and the whole working world seems out to thwart you. Once I got my knickers out of the the complicated twist I'd created, I requested a meeting with my new temp boss and his boss and we ironed out most of my concerns. I didn't bring up the raise, but my hours are better and I have permission to proceed on the projects most dear to me. Now I am just looking forward to the 22nd, which I am taking off and am not getting out of bed before 8. I can hardly wait.
In the mean time, winter has snuck up on me. We have had several nights in the 20's and clear (which is unusual for us this early). The result has been watching the sun rise over Mt. Rainier the last few mornings. I have never seen a dawn so rosy as this morning's and I wish you all could have seen it. While we were at the beach this past spring I meant to get up to see the sunrise over the ocean once, but couldn't quite do it (although I did almost stay up late enough). Another time perhaps...but when?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A request: a photo please, of this "mountain" I was told exists somewhere in the distance. :)

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home